UF Spring Career Showcase (Technical)
University of Florida (UF)
Career Showcase, our hallmark career fair, is designed to help you find talented students and alumni for your organization. The largest career fair in the southeast, Career Showcase is a two-day event that highlights students in a wide variety of majors in one location. Each day is streamlined towards professions in different areas with day one as non technically focused, Accounting, Government, Sales etc., and day two is focused around careers in technical fields, engineering, I.T., etc. In fall 2019, over 6,800 students from non-technical and technical fields attended Career Showcase to network with over 335 employers. A hiring manager’s dream, it’s easy to find your future talent at Career Showcase.
Keys To Success: Utilize a variety of recruiting services and/or programs; Maintain a high level of visibility and name recognition on campus; Get to know the Career Centers’ staff and help us to understand your hiring needs and preferences so we can assist you in developing the best strategy to achieve your goals.
- Attend Career Expos/Job Fairs – Expos and Job Fairs provide excellent opportunities to showcase your organization, develop your brand on campuses, and to network with students and alumni/ae from a wide range of academic majors.
- Post Jobs/Internships in Online systems – Each of the 10 State University Career Centers offer an online job/internship posting system which can be accessed by employers and students 24/7. Can be accessed through each Career Center’s Homepage. Employers create a profile, login and password and can post jobs, collect resumes, register for job fairs, and schedule on-campus recruiting activity.
- Information Session – Schedule a room/time to present information about your organization to students.
- Information Table – Set up an information display table in a high traffic area on campus. This approach allows you to speak informally with students about your organization.
- On-campus Interviews – This service which includes use of Career Centers’ interview rooms, enables recruiters to prescreen candidates and to schedule interviews.