The FCC Includes Career Centers from all 12 Public Universities in the State of Florida
UF Careers in Communications Fair
University of Florida (UF)
Employers hiring for jobs or internships in advertising, journalism, public relations, media production, management, and technology (formerly known as telecommunication at UF), and related communication industries can connect with students or recent grads during the Fall WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION:
- All registered employers receive a resume packet with copies of all RSVP’d students’ resumes prior to the fair.
- In-Person Career Fair
- Registration includes one table, two representatives, a meal voucher for each representative, and one reserved parking space. Additional representatives may be registered for $25 each; additional parking spaces may be reserved for $10 each. (UF Rate registrations include one representative and do not include reserved parking.)
- Corporate – $150
- Nonprofit or Government – $100
Rates increase $50 after the early registration deadline on Monday, September 27.
Keys To Success: Utilize a variety of recruiting services and/or programs; Maintain a high level of visibility and name recognition on campus; Get to know the Career Centers’ staff and help us to understand your hiring needs and preferences so we can assist you in developing the best strategy to achieve your goals.
- Attend Career Expos/Job Fairs – Expos and Job Fairs provide excellent opportunities to showcase your organization, develop your brand on campuses, and to network with students and alumni/ae from a wide range of academic majors.
- Post Jobs/Internships in Online systems – Each of the 10 State University Career Centers offer an online job/internship posting system which can be accessed by employers and students 24/7. Can be accessed through each Career Center’s Homepage. Employers create a profile, login and password and can post jobs, collect resumes, register for job fairs, and schedule on-campus recruiting activity.
- Information Session – Schedule a room/time to present information about your organization to students.
- Information Table – Set up an information display table in a high traffic area on campus. This approach allows you to speak informally with students about your organization.
- On-campus Interviews – This service which includes use of Career Centers’ interview rooms, enables recruiters to prescreen candidates and to schedule interviews.