UWF Science & Engineering Employer Showcase
University of West Florida (UWF)
Description: The Office of Career Development & Community Engagement is hosting the Science & Engineering Employer Showcase. This event targets students from our Hal Marcus College of Science of Engineering which houses 15 undergraduate degrees and 6 graduate degrees, producing highly competitive graduates every semester! For this event, we target students in Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences, and more! Reserve your table soon- with limited space, this event tends to fill up quickly!
Early-Bird Rate (Must pay before 2/2/2022)- $300 (+ tax)
Regular Registration Rate- $350 (+ tax)
Non-Profit Rate- $225
Registration Deadline: February 16, 2022
Keys To Success: Utilize a variety of recruiting services and/or programs; Maintain a high level of visibility and name recognition on campus; Get to know the Career Centers’ staff and help us to understand your hiring needs and preferences so we can assist you in developing the best strategy to achieve your goals.
- Attend Career Expos/Job Fairs – Expos and Job Fairs provide excellent opportunities to showcase your organization, develop your brand on campuses, and to network with students and alumni/ae from a wide range of academic majors.
- Post Jobs/Internships in Online systems – Each of the 10 State University Career Centers offer an online job/internship posting system which can be accessed by employers and students 24/7. Can be accessed through each Career Center’s Homepage. Employers create a profile, login and password and can post jobs, collect resumes, register for job fairs, and schedule on-campus recruiting activity.
- Information Session – Schedule a room/time to present information about your organization to students.
- Information Table – Set up an information display table in a high traffic area on campus. This approach allows you to speak informally with students about your organization.
- On-campus Interviews – This service which includes use of Career Centers’ interview rooms, enables recruiters to prescreen candidates and to schedule interviews.