FAU Women in STEM Career Fair
Florida Atlantic University (FAU)
The Florida Atlantic University Career Center coordinates career fairs to provide students an opportunity to network with employers and learn about job opportunities. For employers, this is an opportunity to create awareness of their organization and seek potential candidates. Career Fairs are coordinated to occur during the fall and spring semester. Each semester the Career Fairs kicks-off the recruiting season. In addition, during the year the Career Center offers targeted career events and recruitment programs.
Name of the event: FAU Women in STEM Career Fair
Event Date: April 19, 2018
Time: noon-2 p.m.
Location: Engineering East-the Cube
Registration Info: Registration Deadline is April 5, 2018
How to register and the Link to registration:
Keys To Success: Utilize a variety of recruiting services and/or programs; Maintain a high level of visibility and name recognition on campus; Get to know the Career Centers’ staff and help us to understand your hiring needs and preferences so we can assist you in developing the best strategy to achieve your goals.
- Attend Career Expos/Job Fairs – Expos and Job Fairs provide excellent opportunities to showcase your organization, develop your brand on campuses, and to network with students and alumni/ae from a wide range of academic majors.
- Post Jobs/Internships in Online systems – Each of the 10 State University Career Centers offer an online job/internship posting system which can be accessed by employers and students 24/7. Can be accessed through each Career Center’s Homepage. Employers create a profile, login and password and can post jobs, collect resumes, register for job fairs, and schedule on-campus recruiting activity.
- Information Session – Schedule a room/time to present information about your organization to students.
- Information Table – Set up an information display table in a high traffic area on campus. This approach allows you to speak informally with students about your organization.
- On-campus Interviews – This service which includes use of Career Centers’ interview rooms, enables recruiters to prescreen candidates and to schedule interviews.